Meet the Doctor
Meet the Staff
New Patient Forms
Map and Directions
Dentistry is the known evaluation, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the soft and hard tissues of the jaw, the oral cavity, maxillofacial area and the adjacent and associated structures and their impact on the human body.
- We encourage prevention of dental caries through proper hygiene, fluoride and tooth polishing. Dental sealants
are plastic materials applied to one or more teeth, for the intended
purpose of preventing dental caries (cavities) or other forms of tooth
usually encompasses very important practices related to the oral
cavity. The most common treatments involve the dental surgery on the
teeth as a treatment for dental cavities.
- Decayed teeth
can be filled with dental composite resin, which are are types of
synthetic resin used in dentistry as restorative material. Composite
are most commonly composed of Bis-GMA monomers or some Bis-GMA analog,
a filler material such as silica and in most current applications, a
photoinitiator. Dimethacrylates are also commonly added to achieve
properties such as flowability.
All specialties are provided by Dr. Marilyn Phillips
- Endodontics- deals with the tooth pulp and the tissues surrounding the root of a tooth (root canal therapy)
the removal of a tooth from the mouth. Extractions are performed for a
wide variety of reasons, including tooth decay that has destroyed
enough tooth structure to prevent restoration.
- Orthodontics- straightening of teeth and modification of midface and mandibular growth
- Periodontics- the dental specialty that relates specifically to the care and maintenance of the tissue surrounding the teeth
- Prosthodontics- the placing of crowns and bridges